Does she have a crush on you?
Question: I've been hanging out with this girl who I like, I just don't know if she likes me back. I've known her for a couple of months and we're good friends, there is definitely flirting going on between us and I feel like there is great chemistry. But the other day I saw her talking to other friend of hers (who is a guy) and she was also flirting with him. Is this just her personality or am I reading too much into it? How do I know if a girl likes me back? (Boston, MA)
Social Shrink: OH, the great, big question: does she like me? The only way to know for sure if someone likes you is if you ask them. Easier said than done, right? Well, before you go ahead and ask how she feels about you, here are some signs you might want to look for to determine whether or not you should even ask:
- She is finding small excuses to get close to you. When it's cold outside, does she brush up against you and blame the weather? Does she grab your arm as you are talking to her? Does she dance up against you when even a bad song comes on in the clubs?
- She laughs at everything you say, even the stupidest jokes. She really doesn't care what you are saying, she is just laughing because she is infatuated with you.
- Your reputation precedes you. When she introduces you to her friends, they already know who you are because she already talked about you. Her friends might not want to embarrass her so look for signs like them looking and talking about you, or their eagerness to get to know you.
- She is always looking for you. When you guys are out at the clubs, is she always looking around the crowd to find you? Or tries to get you to go to the bar with her to get a drink? Then wants you to go with her to the dance floor?
- She gets jealous when you talk to other girls. When you just have a conversation with another girl, she asks you who you were talking to and how you know her. Especially if she comments on the other girl's looks, i.e. ,she asks why you are talking to grenades.
- She teases you. No, this doesn't only happen on the playground. No matter what age, a girl will find ways to make fun of you to show her interest.
- She acts like she isn't waiting for your calls/texts/chats. You know she is on her phone 24/7 or chatting away with her friends but she takes the time to answer you back. She doesn't want to seem desperate and wants to think about her answers before responding to you.
- She remembers the little things about you. She remembers when you guys first met, your hobbies, your iPod playlist, how you like your coffee.
- She shows up where you are at. If she knows you frequent the same places, she may "accidentally" bump into you there, though you know it's way out of her way.
- She shares personal stories with you. Girls like to have a connection with the guy they like and so they will share something personal to get closer to you.
Of course, she doesn't have to follow all of these for you to determine whether or not she likes you. Go with your gut instincts. If you feel like she is flirting with you and can sense the chemistry, then most likely she has feelings for you, too. Pay attention to her body language and how she acts around you in a social setting. But, again, the only sure way to find out is to ask her directly!